Explore Santorini in black and white!
This expedition will guide you through the art of black and white photography, providing all the knowledge you need to produce strong architectural and landscape photos!
Emphasizing in shapes and tones of the subject. Black and white can produce a strong image from a subject that might look weaker in colour!
To help your understanding of black and white photography, this expedition will look at the following areas:
- Look for Contrast, Shape and Texture
- Why contrast is so important in black & white photography
- Volcanic landscapes
- Seeing’ in black and white
- Shooting JPEG and RAW files
- Processing RAW files for digital black + white
- Long exposure shots
- Full instruction from a professional landscape photographer and guidance throughout the workshop.
- Pick up and drop off to your hotel as well as transportation around the island during the workshop
What to Bring
- Your Digital Camera that can perform in Manual (M) Mode and user manual. (If you prefer to shoot with analog make sure you have the right film for night shots)
- Tripod (we can provide a tripod in case you don’t have one)
- Fully charged batteries
- Plenty of empty memory cards!
Santorini island, Greece | Black wild beaches and rocks with stunning geological formations | Traditional settlements
The photo expedition takes place every day starting one hour before sunset (according to sunset time)
K.Yellow Santorini Night Photography Expeditions are designed for all those who love photography, professionals or not. However, all participants should have a basic knowledge of their camera settings.